Skip to main content

Do you think Passion is all that you need for winning??

I was reading an article the other day. It spoke remarkably about passion and talent…

I am sure almost all of us would have come across such people who are very passionate about something but even then they don’t seem to do so well in that particular field. They are just unable to get much success in that domain despite of having an unquenchable passion for it. In fact in some cases passion even changes to obsession.

Today is the world of realty TV shows. Everyone is going gaga over them! I guess every channel has one or the other reality show going on at one point of time so each one of us would have surely come across them. They can be competitions of dancing, singing, cooking and even of being the SUPERSTUD (remember???I know strange!) Anyways, don’t you think each and every contestants in these shows seems to be equally passionate for their domain (except superstud! because they niether look passionate nor talented), they all have such an insatiable urge to win, to get success in their own field. It sometimes, actually can flabbergast the viewers. You just feel to get into the TV and hug them! People who do not have passion for the domain doesn’t even get a chance to take part in these competitions!

But then starts the process of elimination. People start getting purged every week; they do not succeed even after having the same passion as others who succeed! So, is it all about passion? What do you think? If it had been the case that just and just incredible passion is required for getting success then there should have been no competitions, no challenges and yes, no eliminations… Everyone would have been the winner.  Then what is it that decides a person’s fate in any field? Guess its talent. It plays a very vital role in achieving success in the field you have passion for!

Creating passion for something is very easy but becoming talented in it is something which is hard and is something which defines your success in that field.

I do not have to go far to search for another example to prove itJ. I can find one in me as well! I love dancing. Believe me, its something which I just cannot live without. It is the only medium for me to release all the negative and depressed thoughts from within me! It makes me happy, makes me overjoyed. It has a power to take me into the world of ecstasy. I can dance for 'n' no of hours at a single stretch. And even, I dance well on a disco floor (people say so :D).  Taking this passion of mine into consideration, I thought to take it to the next level and so, joined a dance school. And then I realized, it needs much more than just passion to become a real champion of any domain! I did pretty ok but surely not up to my expectations which I had before joining!

So, it requires a balanced amalgamation of both talent and passion to win. The day you discover your passion for something, start enhancing it from the very same day. It would require a lot of hard work to become talented in any field. So work on it and make yourself perfect in  thatJ and then yes, then nobody can stop you from winning.

Keep smilingJ

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wear your success and confidence like a T-Shirt and not a Tuxedo!

I was reading an interview of Priyanka Chopra in one of the magazines the other day and there was one thing which she said and which captivated my mind immediately and frankly, I do not remember anything from that interview apart from that one thing! To some ques, she replied “Wear your success and confidence like a T-Shirt and not like a tuxedo!!!” Wowww… what a saying and how true… If you can carry your success in a subtle and a causal way, nothing like it… But that’s an art! Believe me! Carrying your success in a positive and a natural way is really not easy! I mean its like being flamboyant but in a natural way! But the problem here is presenting this flamboyancy into a natural way sans attitude which most of the people, unfortunately are incapable of doing! Ahhhh…. And great are the people who sometimes cross limits of showing off! They just love to show off and cant live without it: They show off their wealth, their status, their success and some people are even much horrib

Dear Myntra and Flipkart, thanks for snatching away my freedom!

“I am no bird; and no net ensnares me: I am a free human being with an independent will.”  ―  Charlotte Brontë ,  Jane Eyre I am an avid Shopaholic, a compulsive one! At times, I feel this is some kind of a disorder I am going through. The moment my salary is credited into my account, I start shopping! And within the first week, I am broke, I am left with no bones! And the rest of the month goes in waiting for the next salary! Its like my wallet has a hole. I guess it has... Anyways, boom of the online shopping sites have actually galvanised this disorder, much to my disdain. The moment I get little time in office, at home or for that matter anywhere on this planet, I just open my laptop and start browsing, drooling over the thousands and thousands of pretty shoes, dresses, accessories, just craving to see them in my wardrobe! I just always open these sites with an idea, rather a very clear one of 'window shopping' but then, in the middle I don't know what

The transformation of an arranged marriage to a love one!

“If I get married, I want to be very married.”  ― Audrey Hepburn Arranged marriages: Lets look at what wikipedia says about it: Arranged marriage is a type of marital union where the bride and groom are selected by a third party rather than by each other. It was common worldwide until the 18th century. Wait a second, does that say '18th century'. Yes, it indeed does. The world has moved on, and we, Indians are stuck, stuck in between a combat. A fight of deciding where to go, which side to choose and whom to follow: our old traditional culture or the west.  Anyways, arranged marriages still accounts for an overwhelming majority of marriages that happens on our land. Though we do celebrate love, but only in movies and we are doing that since last 4 decades, but when it comes to applying it literally, it suddenly becomes a stigma! Love marriages are still considered a taboo in major parts of our society. Anyways, I am definitely not here to make