Skip to main content

Value has a value only if its value is valued

Read an amazing piece today, sent by one of my friend! Copying it:
A well-known speaker started off his seminar by holding up a 500 Rs note.
In the room of 200, he asked “Who would like this Rs 500 note?” Hand started going up. He said : I am going to give this note to one of you but first let me do this” He proceeded to crumple the note up.
He then asked, “Who still wants it?”
Still the hands were up in the air. “Well,” he replied,” What if I do this?” And he dropped it on the ground and started to grind it into the floor with his shoe. He picked it up, now all crumpled and dirty. “Now who stills wants it?” He asked
Still the hands went into the air. “My friends, you all learned a very valuable lesson. No matter what I did to the money, you still wanted it because it did not decrease in value. It was still worth Rs 500/-. Many times in our lives, we are dropped, crumpled and ground into the dirt by the decisions we make and the circumstances that came our way. We feel as though we are worthless. But no matter what has happened or what will happen, you will never lose your value.”
You are special. Don’t ever forget it! Never let yesterday’s disappointments overshadow tomorrow’s dreams.
“Value has a value only if its value is valued”
When I read the first 2 paragraphs, I made a presumption that in the end the speaker will tear off the note and ask if anybody wants it then but the situation of tearing off the note dint ensueL I thought may be this wouldn’t have been relevant to the message which the writer wants to passJ
Anyways, I conveyed the same thing to my friend who had sent me this mail. And he answered my doubt with such a rational and valid explanation!
He said that if the speaker would have torn off the note and would have asked people if somebody wants it then obviously nobody would have said yes because after getting torn off, its value would have completely diminished! But before that whatever you do with the note, its value remains the same!
Now, same apply to people as well. Tearing of the note is like death of human. Before death may whatever happens to you, may whatever you go through, your value never goes down. Only and only death can erase your value with the body!
Well-said!!!
Keep smiling alwazzzzzzzz…….. and remember your are valuable forever.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wear your success and confidence like a T-Shirt and not a Tuxedo!

I was reading an interview of Priyanka Chopra in one of the magazines the other day and there was one thing which she said and which captivated my mind immediately and frankly, I do not remember anything from that interview apart from that one thing! To some ques, she replied “Wear your success and confidence like a T-Shirt and not like a tuxedo!!!” Wowww… what a saying and how true… If you can carry your success in a subtle and a causal way, nothing like it… But that’s an art! Believe me! Carrying your success in a positive and a natural way is really not easy! I mean its like being flamboyant but in a natural way! But the problem here is presenting this flamboyancy into a natural way sans attitude which most of the people, unfortunately are incapable of doing! Ahhhh…. And great are the people who sometimes cross limits of showing off! They just love to show off and cant live without it: They show off their wealth, their status, their success and some people are even much horrib

Dear Myntra and Flipkart, thanks for snatching away my freedom!

“I am no bird; and no net ensnares me: I am a free human being with an independent will.”  ―  Charlotte Bront├л ,  Jane Eyre I am an avid Shopaholic, a compulsive one! At times, I feel this is some kind of a disorder I am going through. The moment my salary is credited into my account, I start shopping! And within the first week, I am broke, I am left with no bones! And the rest of the month goes in waiting for the next salary! Its like my wallet has a hole. I guess it has... Anyways, boom of the online shopping sites have actually galvanised this disorder, much to my disdain. The moment I get little time in office, at home or for that matter anywhere on this planet, I just open my laptop and start browsing, drooling over the thousands and thousands of pretty shoes, dresses, accessories, just craving to see them in my wardrobe! I just always open these sites with an idea, rather a very clear one of 'window shopping' but then, in the middle I don't know what

The transformation of an arranged marriage to a love one!

“If I get married, I want to be very married.”  ― Audrey Hepburn Arranged marriages: Lets look at what wikipedia says about it: Arranged marriage is a type of marital union where the bride and groom are selected by a third party rather than by each other. It was common worldwide until the 18th century. Wait a second, does that say '18th century'. Yes, it indeed does. The world has moved on, and we, Indians are stuck, stuck in between a combat. A fight of deciding where to go, which side to choose and whom to follow: our old traditional culture or the west.  Anyways, arranged marriages still accounts for an overwhelming majority of marriages that happens on our land. Though we do celebrate love, but only in movies and we are doing that since last 4 decades, but when it comes to applying it literally, it suddenly becomes a stigma! Love marriages are still considered a taboo in major parts of our society. Anyways, I am definitely not here to make