Skip to main content

Confessions of a shopaholic

Its so easy for this world to just declare "Stop shopping!" "Its wastage of money" and blah blah blah... Its so easy for them to give their opinions!! But I say, put yourself in my shoes and then, probably you will understand... Anyways, my plight is too abstruse for anyone!

Ask me who is totally addicted to shopping!!! Every month I promise myself that this is gonna be the last month for me to shop, no more shopping, I rebuke myself every month!!! Yes, that's a job that I do religiously! But the problem is I am just not able to adhere to it. Now the big question is Why? You really wanna know? Well, then here it is:

That's because I am addicted. Addicted to the most incredible thing in the world that they call shopping, but for me the word is life and blood!!! The moment my salary is credited into my account, the moment my phone beeps with my salary credited msg, my mind stops working, my mind stops listening to me. Yes, there is some strange connotation between my salary's msg and my mind. It forget all the promises, it just dump all the pledges to some corner of the brain from where it is difficult for me to see them! All it does is, starts thinking about the stuff that I had planned last month to buy but couldn't because I was broken till then. Poor me *sob sob*

And so, first thing I do after my salary is credited, I go online, and shop, shop everything, every damn thing I like!!! I don't care if I need that stuff, I buy every random thing from almost every online site. I just shop till I drop, till my eyes start stinging by staring into my lappy's screen and yes, till i feel contented, i feel satisfied... Not for the month... for the day!!! Because I again have this weird urge to shop next day, that uncontrollable desire that begs me to shop, that cries and plead me to shop... And so, I again shop and this chain continues till I get broken off for the month... Till there is nothing left in my account and then, the whole month is spent in misery:(

And BTW, this breaking off thing doesn't happen in the last week of the month... By the time first week ends, I am already broken!! I am already bankrupt and I am already done with all my money. Now the question is what do I do for the rest of the month??? Nothing... just go to these online shopping sites, stare at the stuff that I really really die to own and promise myself to buy it next month!!! This promise is not made to be broken, this promise is not made to be dumped!

I am smitten by shopping. I am obsessive about it! When I pass through all the malls and the shops, my eyes are like stuck on the mannequins... yes, even while driving!!! I cant stop myself... I have no control on my eyes. They just turn and start staring at those amazing luring enticing attires on those mannequins that can't even understand their worth, that cant even appreciate their beauty, that cant even feel the softness of their fabric!!! And I feel as if they are calling me, calling me to try those dresses! to try them, to have them, to possess them and to own them!! What's going on in your mind??? Lemme guess, that I am kidding? No dude I am not! I am damn serious... Ok, so now you think I am crazy... Ahhhhh... Crazy be it!!! But that's how I feel!!!

Shopping is one of the best feelings in the world!!! That amazing happiness that you get when you buy something, that wonderful pleasure that you drive when you own something is just indescribable!! The moment a shopping packet arrives, my heart just gets filled with joy, with ecstasy. And for the whole day I wait to reach home and to open it, to touch and feel the stuff I got!! And that feeling is just out of the world!!!

Though I am packrat of shoes and cloths, still I always want more, more of them... I always feel like I am short of something or the other... Even after shopping the whole world, I feel damn I dint buy anything this month and my money is gone, its finished, it got vanished somehow!!!Strange!! Attimes, I wonder if its my bank that steals my money *grrrrrr* or may be my money has wings, it just fliesssss *sob sob sob*... It did not even get me a chance to buy those vero moda pants, that mango dress, those amazing shoes, those glittering pumps, that awesome neck piece!

But then the moment I open my closet, I know where my money flew!! It just took some other form in my closet!! Once I have nothing left, its miserable, its horrible, coz I am just unable to buy what I want to, actually what I need. Yes, I have a red trouser, but does that mean I don't need a green one, a yellow one, or a purple one?? I have a white top, does that mean I don't need another white! I do have a collection of heels but I still need heels in brown, in pink, in blue... errrrrrrrrrrr.... Yes, this all is a need and not a want....

Anyways, so when I am broken by the second week of every month, I stop shopping, not by choice but because I am compelled to! Do my wallet have a hole? I need to check... But whatever, in those days of misery I become responsible:) I feel matured! Yes, seriously, that's coz that's the time when I understand the importance of money and so, I make a promise to myself not to ever waste my money again. But that's a promise made to be broken and that's the irony. But atleast I feel responsible for few days in a months:P

I wonder if that song Addicted from Enrique is written for me and my addiction for shopping:

"Maybe I'm addicted, 
I'm out of control,
but you're the drug
that keeps me from dying. 
Maybe I'm a liar,
but all I really know is
you're the only reason I'm trying..."

P.S. the word "You" in the above lines, is "life and blood" that they call "shopping"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wear your success and confidence like a T-Shirt and not a Tuxedo!

I was reading an interview of Priyanka Chopra in one of the magazines the other day and there was one thing which she said and which captivated my mind immediately and frankly, I do not remember anything from that interview apart from that one thing! To some ques, she replied “Wear your success and confidence like a T-Shirt and not like a tuxedo!!!” Wowww… what a saying and how true… If you can carry your success in a subtle and a causal way, nothing like it… But that’s an art! Believe me! Carrying your success in a positive and a natural way is really not easy! I mean its like being flamboyant but in a natural way! But the problem here is presenting this flamboyancy into a natural way sans attitude which most of the people, unfortunately are incapable of doing! Ahhhh…. And great are the people who sometimes cross limits of showing off! They just love to show off and cant live without it: They show off their wealth, their status, their success and some people are even much horrib

Dear Myntra and Flipkart, thanks for snatching away my freedom!

“I am no bird; and no net ensnares me: I am a free human being with an independent will.”  ―  Charlotte Bront├л ,  Jane Eyre I am an avid Shopaholic, a compulsive one! At times, I feel this is some kind of a disorder I am going through. The moment my salary is credited into my account, I start shopping! And within the first week, I am broke, I am left with no bones! And the rest of the month goes in waiting for the next salary! Its like my wallet has a hole. I guess it has... Anyways, boom of the online shopping sites have actually galvanised this disorder, much to my disdain. The moment I get little time in office, at home or for that matter anywhere on this planet, I just open my laptop and start browsing, drooling over the thousands and thousands of pretty shoes, dresses, accessories, just craving to see them in my wardrobe! I just always open these sites with an idea, rather a very clear one of 'window shopping' but then, in the middle I don't know what

The transformation of an arranged marriage to a love one!

“If I get married, I want to be very married.”  ― Audrey Hepburn Arranged marriages: Lets look at what wikipedia says about it: Arranged marriage is a type of marital union where the bride and groom are selected by a third party rather than by each other. It was common worldwide until the 18th century. Wait a second, does that say '18th century'. Yes, it indeed does. The world has moved on, and we, Indians are stuck, stuck in between a combat. A fight of deciding where to go, which side to choose and whom to follow: our old traditional culture or the west.  Anyways, arranged marriages still accounts for an overwhelming majority of marriages that happens on our land. Though we do celebrate love, but only in movies and we are doing that since last 4 decades, but when it comes to applying it literally, it suddenly becomes a stigma! Love marriages are still considered a taboo in major parts of our society. Anyways, I am definitely not here to make