Skip to main content

The superficial and illusionary social media world


Me and a friend of mine were having a very out of the ordinary chat today. She was telling me some very interesting stats about her friends. She told me that 90% of the male friends of her husband are really tired, stressed out and completely frustrated. No, not because of work load but because of the unnecessary pressure at home! Confused... Right? Same was my reaction.

But then I am amazed the way wives have started torturing their husbands. And you will be amazed too, when I tell you for what. Let me tell you in the exact way as the wives torment their husbands with stupid and insane complains, like:

"My cousin goes to vacation every alternate month!"
"My friend's husband gifted her a solitaire on Anniversary. And you gave me a diamond one!"
"They got a new Volvo!!! And we still own an old Honda City"
"They went to New Zealand for their honeymoon. Even I want to go there"
"They go pubbing every other day and we, we are always at home!"
"I do not want to holiday in India. It has to be abroad. Even my friends take only abroad vacations"
"My friend is out pubbing on a Friday night and what am I doing? Cooking for you... what a life!"
"You never post our pics together. Look at her husband, how much he loves her. His profile pic is always with his wife"
"You never click my pictures! Look at her pics, they are so awesome"

And this list is never-ending. The problem here is, we women just see something posted by others on social sites and goes to the extent of believing it to be their 'only' life.

We see are the "happy" and lovey-dovey posts and start comparing our lives with them and obviously, that leads to pointless inferiority complex which eventually either turns into depression or we start torturing our husbands to provide the same kind of happiness, which almost have no existence. Why do I say that?

Let me explain. Those pics you see, those posts you see are just few moments of a person's life. Obviously nobody posts the 'sad' parts of their lives (some fools do that as well, though). And what do you do? You compare your 24*7 with those few moments!!! Obviously, those few 'happy' moments will look more luring.

Another issue is, these days all that we want to do, all that we want to possess is not for 'ourselves', but for showing off, for making others envious! We don't want to go on a vacation, to spend time with our families. No! It is so that we can show others that we are enjoying our lives, by holidaying at exotic places.

We are not happy with a small diamond ring, but a solitaire is what we want. Why? So that we can happily and proudly brag about it on our Social networks

It doesn't matter if we are "really" happy with our husbands or not, but then there have to be awesome pictures of a "happy" couple that can be portrayed on our walls

Why? Why are we turning into superficial beings?

That 'real' thing is getting eliminated from our lives. The things that our moms had, doing so much for the family, sacrificing herself, her each and every happiness for her kids and never ever complaining about it.

BTW, I have a point to make here. People who have something missing in their lives are the ones, who tries to show that 'missing' part,  going out of board! Believe me...  Its human tendency to hide the 'sad' things with the illusionary 'good' and 'happy' things

I remember an incident. When my sister finished her Post Graduation recently, and she was sitting at home idle, jobless. My dad used to tell others (even if not asked why) that, she is preparing for her bank exams. He would give such a happy face to the whole situation. This is what we all do! We do not want to show the 'bad' or 'sad' part of our lives to anyone. Infact, we, very conveniently present  the despairing things, dressed in expensive branded fashionable attire of happiness. This is what is happening all over, on all the social media sites these days!!!

Its not social media platforms to be blamed for this, its us: the fools, who do not know how to extract the best and positive things out of something, rather we rot the system to the extent, that starts damaging us!

Come on guys, just by seeing few 'happy' moments from other's life, do not start torturing yourself and your family. You have no idea how many problem those guys would be going through, how many depressing things they would be facing in their daily life! Don't just see what is shown, see whats beyond and at least, whatever you see, do not allow it to effect your happiness, your life. Do not let anything so superficial create a havoc and cause conflict in your relationships. Respect your relations, they are much more meaningful that these meaningless things!

Else, one day you will realize that these superficial materialistic things for which you sacrificed your happy moments were just not worth it, but that would be too late then. All you would be left with is "Regret!!!!"

Keep smiling:)

Comments

  1. You have mature thoughts and your writing reflects changing facets in very simple ways. Happy writing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Commenting is Sexy! Do let me know what you think about this post :)

Popular posts from this blog

Wear your success and confidence like a T-Shirt and not a Tuxedo!

I was reading an interview of Priyanka Chopra in one of the magazines the other day and there was one thing which she said and which captivated my mind immediately and frankly, I do not remember anything from that interview apart from that one thing! To some ques, she replied “Wear your success and confidence like a T-Shirt and not like a tuxedo!!!” Wowww… what a saying and how true… If you can carry your success in a subtle and a causal way, nothing like it… But that’s an art! Believe me! Carrying your success in a positive and a natural way is really not easy! I mean its like being flamboyant but in a natural way! But the problem here is presenting this flamboyancy into a natural way sans attitude which most of the people, unfortunately are incapable of doing! Ahhhh…. And great are the people who sometimes cross limits of showing off! They just love to show off and cant live without it: They show off their wealth, their status, their success and some people are even much horrib

Dear Myntra and Flipkart, thanks for snatching away my freedom!

“I am no bird; and no net ensnares me: I am a free human being with an independent will.”  ―  Charlotte Bront├л ,  Jane Eyre I am an avid Shopaholic, a compulsive one! At times, I feel this is some kind of a disorder I am going through. The moment my salary is credited into my account, I start shopping! And within the first week, I am broke, I am left with no bones! And the rest of the month goes in waiting for the next salary! Its like my wallet has a hole. I guess it has... Anyways, boom of the online shopping sites have actually galvanised this disorder, much to my disdain. The moment I get little time in office, at home or for that matter anywhere on this planet, I just open my laptop and start browsing, drooling over the thousands and thousands of pretty shoes, dresses, accessories, just craving to see them in my wardrobe! I just always open these sites with an idea, rather a very clear one of 'window shopping' but then, in the middle I don't know what

The transformation of an arranged marriage to a love one!

“If I get married, I want to be very married.”  ― Audrey Hepburn Arranged marriages: Lets look at what wikipedia says about it: Arranged marriage is a type of marital union where the bride and groom are selected by a third party rather than by each other. It was common worldwide until the 18th century. Wait a second, does that say '18th century'. Yes, it indeed does. The world has moved on, and we, Indians are stuck, stuck in between a combat. A fight of deciding where to go, which side to choose and whom to follow: our old traditional culture or the west.  Anyways, arranged marriages still accounts for an overwhelming majority of marriages that happens on our land. Though we do celebrate love, but only in movies and we are doing that since last 4 decades, but when it comes to applying it literally, it suddenly becomes a stigma! Love marriages are still considered a taboo in major parts of our society. Anyways, I am definitely not here to make