Skip to main content

The normal regular days

I am back with a guilt of not penning down anything since so many days!

Anyways, what bought me here today was a realization. A very basic one though, but important enough. And the realization is that what we consider as normal and regular can actually be special. Now, let me be specific by contracting the vague horizon of this word "normal". Lets take an example of the 'normal days' that we so deliberately take for granted. At times, we do not understand the value of having a regular day. In fact we feel irritated because nothing special happened on that particular day: no rendezvous with friends, no party, no movie, no date etc etc.  What we don't realize is that even those "normal" days that we disregard and do not value, are indeed 'special' days! It takes an incident to make us realize that and start respecting these same "normal" days.

Ok then, let me continue this through an incident that opened my eyes to this realization, that was almost like achieving Moksha. <pun intended> While returning back from office today, I was in the same irritated mode of cursing my friends for not meeting me in the evening, and making my day boring! Even the office was filled with 'regular' work. Nothing exciting happened and the day was about to get over on a very 'normal' node, yet again, which generally I don't prefer. And so, I was completely annoyed and was lost in my own world.

And while dwelling in my thought, I realized and noticed that the bus in front of me had suddenly braked, wrenching me back to reality, my feet went on to the brakes but too late! and boom!!! There was a loud smashing sound and after few secs, I realized what I have done. I, obviously was so furious, screamed and shouted at the driver but then like any other bus driver, he did not bother and I realized it was just waste to talk to him. And I came back to the car, furious, fuming, ranting and ready to kill someone.

Went directly to the mechanic from there, and got an estimation of the huge expense that was about to come on my head and was about to make a hole in my pocket.

Leaving the car there, I took a rick and came back home. And then, something inside me asked, "Got the excitement you were craving for? Right? Now happy?" and I was filled with guilt. I hate this inner voice of me, that is always looking out for a chance to make me feel guilty! I completely lack this quality of killing a person with sarcasm. BTW, I strive and crave for it and whenever I try, I suck. literally! I can give a live eg. Scroll up and go to the sentence, where I mentioned "Pun intended"! You will understand what I meant. But my inner voice, is a champion of sarcasm man! I have no clue from where it procured this quality and from where these dialogue come <Jealous>

Anyways, the same annoying voice again screamed from inside, "Excitement can not always be fun!" And actually, I could see the other side.

Moral of the story: we take these regular, normal days  for granted. Actually they are special and we should be thankful for being a day "normal" for at least not having to bear with anything negative on that day. Its a blessing to have a normal day, filled with may be regular and boring stuff, but at least not with something that may give you pain or may hurt you.

Respect and love the normal part of life as well, in the same way as you love the exciting and fun part of it. Because there is something below the normal as well, which I am sure you would not love to deal with!

P.S. Too many 'realizations' in the above note! I just realized, after writing. Oops! and I did it again....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wear your success and confidence like a T-Shirt and not a Tuxedo!

I was reading an interview of Priyanka Chopra in one of the magazines the other day and there was one thing which she said and which captivated my mind immediately and frankly, I do not remember anything from that interview apart from that one thing! To some ques, she replied “Wear your success and confidence like a T-Shirt and not like a tuxedo!!!” Wowww… what a saying and how true… If you can carry your success in a subtle and a causal way, nothing like it… But that’s an art! Believe me! Carrying your success in a positive and a natural way is really not easy! I mean its like being flamboyant but in a natural way! But the problem here is presenting this flamboyancy into a natural way sans attitude which most of the people, unfortunately are incapable of doing! Ahhhh…. And great are the people who sometimes cross limits of showing off! They just love to show off and cant live without it: They show off their wealth, their status, their success and some people are even much horrib

Dear Myntra and Flipkart, thanks for snatching away my freedom!

“I am no bird; and no net ensnares me: I am a free human being with an independent will.”  ―  Charlotte Bront├л ,  Jane Eyre I am an avid Shopaholic, a compulsive one! At times, I feel this is some kind of a disorder I am going through. The moment my salary is credited into my account, I start shopping! And within the first week, I am broke, I am left with no bones! And the rest of the month goes in waiting for the next salary! Its like my wallet has a hole. I guess it has... Anyways, boom of the online shopping sites have actually galvanised this disorder, much to my disdain. The moment I get little time in office, at home or for that matter anywhere on this planet, I just open my laptop and start browsing, drooling over the thousands and thousands of pretty shoes, dresses, accessories, just craving to see them in my wardrobe! I just always open these sites with an idea, rather a very clear one of 'window shopping' but then, in the middle I don't know what

The transformation of an arranged marriage to a love one!

“If I get married, I want to be very married.”  ― Audrey Hepburn Arranged marriages: Lets look at what wikipedia says about it: Arranged marriage is a type of marital union where the bride and groom are selected by a third party rather than by each other. It was common worldwide until the 18th century. Wait a second, does that say '18th century'. Yes, it indeed does. The world has moved on, and we, Indians are stuck, stuck in between a combat. A fight of deciding where to go, which side to choose and whom to follow: our old traditional culture or the west.  Anyways, arranged marriages still accounts for an overwhelming majority of marriages that happens on our land. Though we do celebrate love, but only in movies and we are doing that since last 4 decades, but when it comes to applying it literally, it suddenly becomes a stigma! Love marriages are still considered a taboo in major parts of our society. Anyways, I am definitely not here to make