Skip to main content

A beautiful tale of emotions and relationships

So, I am back after a break. Had been so busy with office and studies that I just had no time for any other thing in life!

Anyway, today what bought me here is actually not me. Its one of my professors, whose story was just so damn incredible that I just could not hold myself from writing about this brilliant story of his, that he shared with all of us in the class today.

It made me believe that even today great people exists, people who care for their loved ones, people who consider and put emotions at a very special elevated place in their lives, for whom relationships matter more than any thing in the world: more than position, money, job, settling abroad etc.

Hats off to this man! And believe me, even you will feel the same after reading about the turning point in this man's career.

So, I will start the story from the very relevant point. This man's dream came true when he got a job in PWC in US. I mean, it would have been a dream come true for anyone on this planet. 

He joined the company and was there for about 7 years, settled in US, happily married with a kid. Like any other Indian migrating to US, he had plans for permanently settling in US. He even applied for a green card, which fortunately got through and he was about the receive the same in a year or so.

And there comes the turning point when one day while enjoying and having a good time at a party, he got a call from India. It was his dad, who called him to share a devastating news, which was that his mother had been diagnosed with cancer.

Obviously, any son would feel distressed after getting acquainted with such a horrible news about any of his parent. He, immediately flew to India to meet his mom . And after few days, he realized that his mother needed him the most at this point of time. She never said it because she never wanted to be a reason of destroying her son's career but then, she couldn't even hide her emotions, her feelings that she needed him the most at this stage of her life, in this frightening fight of hers. More than any medicine, more than her husband or anybody, it was him who could give her comfort and make her feel better.

He sensed it. That was his first step of greatness. How many sons today really make an effort to listen to the unsaid words of their parents? How many? We dont have time for such things these days. Right?

How many of us make an effort these days to feel the unrevealed emotions of our parents, emotions that are buried somewhere deep inside them, and emotions that are scared to come out in front of the world, to get exposed to this materialistic and busy world.

Anyways, the next greatness of this man is he took a decision to get back and settle in India.

My eyes were full of tears when I heard this. Because I had just witnessed these kind of sons in movies, the perfect sons. I never ever got a chance to meet one of these till date.

At the end, he told about the thing that made him strong enough to take such an audacious step of sacrificing his career and a green card (which is the biggest dream of every Indian staying in US). While he was going through this dilemma, it was just one thing that helped him to make his choice, which was:

He asked one simple question to himself, "She was always there with me, when I needed her. Now, can I leave her when she needed me the most? Shouldn't  I be there standing next to her in these toughest times, the way she always stood next to me in my struggles?"

I loved it. I was on the verge of clapping like an insane in the class itself. I know, how much strength it took for me to hold my emotions back.

I see people running behind jobs, money and all sort of materialistic things these days. There is really a dearth of real emotions in people that surround me. Everybody is like running in a race. Everybody is like swimming in the red ocean, saving themselves and ready to kill others for the sake of some materialistic thing. Is it worth it? Can it really give the real happiness? We just dont value the real things in life that can give you the real happiness.

We waste our valuable time in all sort of crap and its often, too late when we realize it.

So, respect the relationships in your life. Nothing in the world can give you more happiness than doing something for the ones you love, even if that means to make few sacrifices. They are worth it!

BTW, his mom got well and she is fit and fine even today:) And he believes that it was God's gift to him for doing his job, for fulfilling the unstated promise. I loved this one too!

Live every emotion, share them with you family, friends and people around you. Keep smiling and also, give a reason to others  for smiling.

Life is too short to be wasted on any of the materialistic things. They will not go with you when you leave the world, its just good memories and what you did for others, that will accompany you till the end of your journey and perhaps, even after that. Who knows:)
Keep smiling!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wear your success and confidence like a T-Shirt and not a Tuxedo!

I was reading an interview of Priyanka Chopra in one of the magazines the other day and there was one thing which she said and which captivated my mind immediately and frankly, I do not remember anything from that interview apart from that one thing! To some ques, she replied “Wear your success and confidence like a T-Shirt and not like a tuxedo!!!” Wowww… what a saying and how true… If you can carry your success in a subtle and a causal way, nothing like it… But that’s an art! Believe me! Carrying your success in a positive and a natural way is really not easy! I mean its like being flamboyant but in a natural way! But the problem here is presenting this flamboyancy into a natural way sans attitude which most of the people, unfortunately are incapable of doing! Ahhhh…. And great are the people who sometimes cross limits of showing off! They just love to show off and cant live without it: They show off their wealth, their status, their success and some people are even much horrib

Dear Myntra and Flipkart, thanks for snatching away my freedom!

“I am no bird; and no net ensnares me: I am a free human being with an independent will.”  ―  Charlotte Bront├л ,  Jane Eyre I am an avid Shopaholic, a compulsive one! At times, I feel this is some kind of a disorder I am going through. The moment my salary is credited into my account, I start shopping! And within the first week, I am broke, I am left with no bones! And the rest of the month goes in waiting for the next salary! Its like my wallet has a hole. I guess it has... Anyways, boom of the online shopping sites have actually galvanised this disorder, much to my disdain. The moment I get little time in office, at home or for that matter anywhere on this planet, I just open my laptop and start browsing, drooling over the thousands and thousands of pretty shoes, dresses, accessories, just craving to see them in my wardrobe! I just always open these sites with an idea, rather a very clear one of 'window shopping' but then, in the middle I don't know what

The transformation of an arranged marriage to a love one!

“If I get married, I want to be very married.”  ― Audrey Hepburn Arranged marriages: Lets look at what wikipedia says about it: Arranged marriage is a type of marital union where the bride and groom are selected by a third party rather than by each other. It was common worldwide until the 18th century. Wait a second, does that say '18th century'. Yes, it indeed does. The world has moved on, and we, Indians are stuck, stuck in between a combat. A fight of deciding where to go, which side to choose and whom to follow: our old traditional culture or the west.  Anyways, arranged marriages still accounts for an overwhelming majority of marriages that happens on our land. Though we do celebrate love, but only in movies and we are doing that since last 4 decades, but when it comes to applying it literally, it suddenly becomes a stigma! Love marriages are still considered a taboo in major parts of our society. Anyways, I am definitely not here to make