Skip to main content

Cheer up, You are a winner!

Random thoughts: Cheer up, You are a winner!

Its funny how life slams brakes on things you want to go full throttle on and just when you start to enjoy the gush of cool air and the view around, your realize you are on a downward slope – trying hard to slow so that you savor the surroundings. In both these ‘situations’ there is a commonality though – the slamming of the brakes! An act very synonymous with phases like ‘slowing down growth’, ‘stunned growth’ and ‘marginalizing growth”, Stupid as it may sound – I find growth to be the next common word in the write up thus far. However, what is interesting is that how most of us relate our taking a deep breath and enjoying the environment, to our ‘diminishing growth rate’.

The journey called life can be best compared to a walk in the woods. Different approaches for different travelers. Some, the ‘fast and the furious’ kinds like to make it a dash to the other end. The other ‘not so fast and the curious’, like to stop by and have a nice look and feel of the surroundings and carry on with their saunter.

Also, there are these third category who every now and then, take a nice nap followed by 100 meters dashes – more like the hares from the tortoise-hare story (not to conclude that they will be the losers). The beauty of the journey is that there are no first prizes for the people who clear the woods first. Nor are there any brownie points for the people who have researched the woods enough.

What matters in this journey is the prize which we give ourselves, at the completion – based on whether we have raced enough or whether we have discovered enough. Life ensures that each one of are victor by ensuring that each one of us is our own examiner and the examinee.

Comments

Post a Comment

Commenting is Sexy! Do let me know what you think about this post :)

Popular posts from this blog

Wear your success and confidence like a T-Shirt and not a Tuxedo!

I was reading an interview of Priyanka Chopra in one of the magazines the other day and there was one thing which she said and which captivated my mind immediately and frankly, I do not remember anything from that interview apart from that one thing! To some ques, she replied “Wear your success and confidence like a T-Shirt and not like a tuxedo!!!” Wowww… what a saying and how true… If you can carry your success in a subtle and a causal way, nothing like it… But that’s an art! Believe me! Carrying your success in a positive and a natural way is really not easy! I mean its like being flamboyant but in a natural way! But the problem here is presenting this flamboyancy into a natural way sans attitude which most of the people, unfortunately are incapable of doing! Ahhhh…. And great are the people who sometimes cross limits of showing off! They just love to show off and cant live without it: They show off their wealth, their status, their success and some people are even much horrib

Dear Myntra and Flipkart, thanks for snatching away my freedom!

“I am no bird; and no net ensnares me: I am a free human being with an independent will.”  ―  Charlotte Bront├л ,  Jane Eyre I am an avid Shopaholic, a compulsive one! At times, I feel this is some kind of a disorder I am going through. The moment my salary is credited into my account, I start shopping! And within the first week, I am broke, I am left with no bones! And the rest of the month goes in waiting for the next salary! Its like my wallet has a hole. I guess it has... Anyways, boom of the online shopping sites have actually galvanised this disorder, much to my disdain. The moment I get little time in office, at home or for that matter anywhere on this planet, I just open my laptop and start browsing, drooling over the thousands and thousands of pretty shoes, dresses, accessories, just craving to see them in my wardrobe! I just always open these sites with an idea, rather a very clear one of 'window shopping' but then, in the middle I don't know what

The transformation of an arranged marriage to a love one!

“If I get married, I want to be very married.”  ― Audrey Hepburn Arranged marriages: Lets look at what wikipedia says about it: Arranged marriage is a type of marital union where the bride and groom are selected by a third party rather than by each other. It was common worldwide until the 18th century. Wait a second, does that say '18th century'. Yes, it indeed does. The world has moved on, and we, Indians are stuck, stuck in between a combat. A fight of deciding where to go, which side to choose and whom to follow: our old traditional culture or the west.  Anyways, arranged marriages still accounts for an overwhelming majority of marriages that happens on our land. Though we do celebrate love, but only in movies and we are doing that since last 4 decades, but when it comes to applying it literally, it suddenly becomes a stigma! Love marriages are still considered a taboo in major parts of our society. Anyways, I am definitely not here to make