Skip to main content

We, women are indeed hard to understand

It is difficult to understand a woman - you must have surely heard men cribbing about this more often. Yes sir, we are hard to understand. The point is we women, ourselves are unable to understand our wiring system, the way our brains and hearts have been structured, why do we do certain things, why do we behave in certain pre defined ways, why are we so unpredictable. We are still on the verge of finding answers to these terrible questions about ourselves. How can you expect yourself to find out the answers?

“I'm tough, I'm ambitious, and I know exactly what I want. If that makes me a bitch, okay.”
― Madonna


Is it that lately, I have started writing too much about women? May be, I have been dealing with a lot of them these days:) I just love and appreciate our energy, passion, multitasking abilities. We are, no doubt wonderful. But then, I believe there are few things where we really become too hard for people around us to understand.

Anyways, this one is completely based on my personal experience: the enormous amount of mistakes that I do while dealing with my friends and family. I lately found out how difficult I could be at times, for my friends and family to bear (yes, this is the word I 'have' to use: bear!). I give them tough time man! But there are few things a part of which, I noticed almost every woman carries. Its a part of us, its imbedded into us.

And BTW, I have also met some of the 'perfect' women, who just come without any sort of drama and complications! They are sensible, less emotional, no-drama and blah blah. Hats off you ladies. I wonder how you manage to do that. I mean its like reworking and rearranging your whole wiring system:) But being on the other side: the imperfect side doesn't make us bad at all. Haa!

“Well-behaved women seldom make history.”
― Laurel Thatcher Ulrich, Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History


In below lines, we/I: denotes me or few superb and amazing women I know:) You/your: denote the people around: family and friends

Anyways, let me begin this whole thing by an art that we, women master: Drama! We women just love this one word:) We would love you, we would do anything for you but you commit one single mistake (how so ever minute it is, we don't care), we will never let you forget it. We very well know how to create a gigantic scene out of that:) How so ever petty the issue is! Our drama is epic. And most of the times, it is pointless and baseless, yet it is  classic. We have created a niche in this segment and we completely dominate it

We have a very sharp memory as far as keeping the record of your mistakes are concerned. Infact I think we have a separate block in our mind to track and keep account of your blunders and slip-ups! We would never ever leave a chance of digging out the dust of your mistakes from the past and throwing them on your face whenever you try to mess up with us! For us, mistake done once is a mistake done forever. We will never forget it and will also never let you forget it. Oooouuuuccchhhhh.....

“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”
― Robert A. Heinlein


Moody! Yes, thats what we women are. Actually, its our mood that is to be blamed for how we behave. Let me take my example here:)... You might be the closest person to me, but if I am in a bad mood, I would not at all feel bad or think twice to give you a piece of my mind (that too without any mistake of yours)..I become irrational or rather, neurotic  so stay away in such times. But if my mood is good, I would love you like anything, I would become my adorable self. If I am in no mood of talking, I would ignore you very deliberately. So, our mood swings are just awesome and our family and friends have to live with them.<need a place to hide>

“I would always rather be happy than dignified.”
― Charlotte Bront├л, Jane Eyre


There are times when people around us are busy and have no time (genuinely -  that we don't understand) for anything or for anybody (but we will think it only an 'excuse' exclusively for us). We can never take this easily boy. First of all, we would think that they are deliberately ignoring us and making an excuse. *i know your eye brows are raised*. And we would cook such several insane stories (going to terrible extents) in our mind and create such dramatic plots in our heads that are just wretched and would give Ekta Kapoor or Ramsay brother (Horror show, remember) a shame or rather, competition. Then, we torture ourselves using those groundless stories and you: you are the one who has to suffer the pain and bear the consequences of those cooked up awful stories (Sorry!!!). Why are we so complicated God! haaa....

Our heart: now, apart from doing the normal daily chores like pumping blood and keeping us alive, it also carries the responsibility of taking over few roles of our brain. We think, imagine, envision and act through our heart. Come on, thats true! We act without using our brains. And this is where men take away all the points from us because we are just unbeatable  in thinking and acting without brains.

We, women are amazing, superb, awesome, wonderful, remarkable and everything but we can be terrible at times. But then, that is how we are wired! We can be cold and obnoxious; squabbling; wrangling, bickering, hard to handle, tough to understand, drama queens, a baggage full of complications, we could be loud and screaming but that just doesn't mean we care anything less.

I guess, all the above is actually a part of showing that we love and we care:)

So, never ever get into understanding a woman. Dude, that can be perilous because you will get stuck in a process of figuring us out.

Just enjoy being with us:)

“Above all, be the heroine of your life, not the victim.”
― Nora Ephron

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wear your success and confidence like a T-Shirt and not a Tuxedo!

I was reading an interview of Priyanka Chopra in one of the magazines the other day and there was one thing which she said and which captivated my mind immediately and frankly, I do not remember anything from that interview apart from that one thing! To some ques, she replied “Wear your success and confidence like a T-Shirt and not like a tuxedo!!!” Wowww… what a saying and how true… If you can carry your success in a subtle and a causal way, nothing like it… But that’s an art! Believe me! Carrying your success in a positive and a natural way is really not easy! I mean its like being flamboyant but in a natural way! But the problem here is presenting this flamboyancy into a natural way sans attitude which most of the people, unfortunately are incapable of doing! Ahhhh…. And great are the people who sometimes cross limits of showing off! They just love to show off and cant live without it: They show off their wealth, their status, their success and some people are even much horrib

Dear Myntra and Flipkart, thanks for snatching away my freedom!

“I am no bird; and no net ensnares me: I am a free human being with an independent will.”  ―  Charlotte Bront├л ,  Jane Eyre I am an avid Shopaholic, a compulsive one! At times, I feel this is some kind of a disorder I am going through. The moment my salary is credited into my account, I start shopping! And within the first week, I am broke, I am left with no bones! And the rest of the month goes in waiting for the next salary! Its like my wallet has a hole. I guess it has... Anyways, boom of the online shopping sites have actually galvanised this disorder, much to my disdain. The moment I get little time in office, at home or for that matter anywhere on this planet, I just open my laptop and start browsing, drooling over the thousands and thousands of pretty shoes, dresses, accessories, just craving to see them in my wardrobe! I just always open these sites with an idea, rather a very clear one of 'window shopping' but then, in the middle I don't know what

The transformation of an arranged marriage to a love one!

“If I get married, I want to be very married.”  ― Audrey Hepburn Arranged marriages: Lets look at what wikipedia says about it: Arranged marriage is a type of marital union where the bride and groom are selected by a third party rather than by each other. It was common worldwide until the 18th century. Wait a second, does that say '18th century'. Yes, it indeed does. The world has moved on, and we, Indians are stuck, stuck in between a combat. A fight of deciding where to go, which side to choose and whom to follow: our old traditional culture or the west.  Anyways, arranged marriages still accounts for an overwhelming majority of marriages that happens on our land. Though we do celebrate love, but only in movies and we are doing that since last 4 decades, but when it comes to applying it literally, it suddenly becomes a stigma! Love marriages are still considered a taboo in major parts of our society. Anyways, I am definitely not here to make