Skip to main content

Don't you feel like being a child again?

Feels awesome to be back to my space... How much I missed it!!! Got so much stuck with worldly stuff that I dint get any time to write or even think about something:( Crazy crazy world, I say!

Anyways, but today I made it a point to visit my little space and to say hi to it:) And here I am! Yayyyy...

Now when I am here, I am feeling  compelled to write something. Let me pen down about this weird and stupid issue that I am going through these days. It's not an issue exactly, it's something very normal... But my stupid brain just denies to accept this fact! It is frequently and repeatedly trying hard to convince me that this thing is an issue! Ahhhhhh.....!

Ok... no more playing with the words. The thing is recently a part of me: that is somewhere within, have started pestering me to grow up! May be its because few stupid best-ies of mine have been telling me that! Grrrrr....and this is the issue that my poor brain is dealing with these days.

It doesn't want me to grow (according to their definition!),  it doesn't want to be a part of this so called "sane", "matured" and blah blah world: you are free to fill in whatever adjectives you think are suitable... because mines are only the 'bad ones'. Anyways, yeah so my mind, my heart, my soul and I myself still want to be a part of that innocent, naive, childlike world: world that is filled with purity and innocence. World that has no, absolutely no space for cheating, dishonesty, deceiving.

What's wrong in keeping a part of your childhood alive within you: part that would always remind you of your innocence, part that would always keep that beautiful kid alive in you. I don't know why this world is so crazy for being a part of the 'grown up gang', Why??? You think they are sane??? Oh really... The truth is they are the ones that are insane, hypocrites.

They themselves are confused and are just unable to give a sensible definition to this word called "grown up". They always associate it with just acting, pretending and flaunting your maturity. Trying to talk sensible, trying to show you are intellectual. But, believe me it's all just an illusion that we all keep on building around to fool each other. Now, won't you call them hypocrites?

My definition of these heavy words like maturity and being grown up is little different from the conventional ones. For me, these means to take care of people around you, to give your 100% at whatever you do: your work,  studies, job, your home, relationships... anything...  Its means to be sensible whenever required and then obviously, there will be no need of pretending to be one, to support your loved ones, to be their strength. This is what actually being grown up means. There is nothing that is pretentious. It's also about being honest... Its far far beyond than everyone's mere worldly stupid 'convenient' definition.

I believe, a person can never kill that child within himself. All a person can do is to tie ir hard and dump him into one corner within himself to hide him from this world, where the innocence of that little child succumb to death due to suffocation. But the child always remains there within you: alive. You can't kill him dude! But alas, what a child is without innocence? It's like a well without water, clouds without rain, a mirage in the dessert, nothing else. Why do you have to conceal that innocent child from the world?? Because you are scared that people would make fun of you. This innocent child would cause embarrassment to you in front of all those insane people. Or, is it because you want to flaunt how sensible you are. But what an irony, everyone is playing the same game in front of each other, unknowingly off course! wowwww... So, why not to be what you are, why not be real, why not enjoy that childhood.

I have often heard people cribbing about their childhood, how much they miss it and how badly they want to go back... BTW, even I do that at times, I am no exception. But why do we do that? We really have an option of keeping that child alive forever. Keep both of them alive. Make a balance: be sensible, be matured and yet be a child. What a deadly combo!

Someone has very rightly said, "Growing old isn't an option, but growing up is"

Don't you at times feel like screaming hard the way you used to do as a child, without giving a damn to what people around would think? Don't you at times feel like running, jumping, singing, dancing, shouting, fighting over small things at times?? You do! Everyone does... Don't you at times feel that someone should treat you like a kid again, stroking your hair gently, keeping your head in their lap, singing for you till you sleep, taking care of you, patting your back for all the good things you do and yes, scolding you for the bad ones. Don't you? Come on, be honest to yourself...

You know if you are so much scared of revealing that little child within you to the world. Do this: Find a person (spouse, friend, sibling or whatever - even a neighbor would do) who can understand that child within you, who is ready to accept that innocence, who really doesn't bother about you doing all those stupid, brainless and insane childlike things, who feel happy when you chuckle, giggle and laugh carelessly, in front of whom you can just howl like a baby, who will hug you when you need support, who would encourage you to move forward, who would love you unconditionally. In simple words, a person who can and is ready to accept that child within you and in front of whom, you just won't feel any shame being a child again:)

Thank God I have one such person in my life: my husband...

But still, it doesn't mean I am gonna grow up! No dude.  I will be 18 till I die:)

Cheers! Keep smiling...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wear your success and confidence like a T-Shirt and not a Tuxedo!

I was reading an interview of Priyanka Chopra in one of the magazines the other day and there was one thing which she said and which captivated my mind immediately and frankly, I do not remember anything from that interview apart from that one thing! To some ques, she replied “Wear your success and confidence like a T-Shirt and not like a tuxedo!!!” Wowww… what a saying and how true… If you can carry your success in a subtle and a causal way, nothing like it… But that’s an art! Believe me! Carrying your success in a positive and a natural way is really not easy! I mean its like being flamboyant but in a natural way! But the problem here is presenting this flamboyancy into a natural way sans attitude which most of the people, unfortunately are incapable of doing! Ahhhh…. And great are the people who sometimes cross limits of showing off! They just love to show off and cant live without it: They show off their wealth, their status, their success and some people are even much horrib

Dear Myntra and Flipkart, thanks for snatching away my freedom!

“I am no bird; and no net ensnares me: I am a free human being with an independent will.”  ―  Charlotte Bront├л ,  Jane Eyre I am an avid Shopaholic, a compulsive one! At times, I feel this is some kind of a disorder I am going through. The moment my salary is credited into my account, I start shopping! And within the first week, I am broke, I am left with no bones! And the rest of the month goes in waiting for the next salary! Its like my wallet has a hole. I guess it has... Anyways, boom of the online shopping sites have actually galvanised this disorder, much to my disdain. The moment I get little time in office, at home or for that matter anywhere on this planet, I just open my laptop and start browsing, drooling over the thousands and thousands of pretty shoes, dresses, accessories, just craving to see them in my wardrobe! I just always open these sites with an idea, rather a very clear one of 'window shopping' but then, in the middle I don't know what

The transformation of an arranged marriage to a love one!

“If I get married, I want to be very married.”  ― Audrey Hepburn Arranged marriages: Lets look at what wikipedia says about it: Arranged marriage is a type of marital union where the bride and groom are selected by a third party rather than by each other. It was common worldwide until the 18th century. Wait a second, does that say '18th century'. Yes, it indeed does. The world has moved on, and we, Indians are stuck, stuck in between a combat. A fight of deciding where to go, which side to choose and whom to follow: our old traditional culture or the west.  Anyways, arranged marriages still accounts for an overwhelming majority of marriages that happens on our land. Though we do celebrate love, but only in movies and we are doing that since last 4 decades, but when it comes to applying it literally, it suddenly becomes a stigma! Love marriages are still considered a taboo in major parts of our society. Anyways, I am definitely not here to make