“Yes: I am a dreamer. For a dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world.”
― Oscar Wilde, The Critic as Artist
Dreams... They make you... They destroy you... They define you!
I have been a dreamer all through my life! I always describe myself as a daydream believer and a midnight dreamer! That's what I am... My dreams comprises of all the categories: insane, sane, stupid, logical, impossible, achievable, crazy, sensible, practical, unfeasible!
But yes, I never abandoned dreaming. Its been into me and with me since I was born...
I at times, would be sitting somewhere with eyes opened, staring at something and then, gradually getting dragged into the ocean of dreams automatically! Yes, I have even been caught staring at people at times! *bad bad*... I actually wasn't staring but was lost in my own dream world! That's why I call myself little lost and crazy!
“People think dreams aren't real just because they aren't made of matter, of particles. Dreams are real. But they are made of viewpoints, of images, of memories and puns and lost hopes.”
― Neil Gaiman
Even while sleeping, my mind is just busy in weaving beautiful dreams. While sleeping, my dreams get played like some back to back movies! And so, whether its day or night, I am always surrounded by my dreams! I wish I could make my life fly high like a kite into the sky of dreams...
Yesterday, I was just thinking of my dreams, the ones I really want to fulfill before going to death bed! And I realized there are still millions of them pending, some practical and some non realistic, some very small and few big ones! Few of them are the ones I am listing below:
1. I, one day want to fly... Fly like a bird: with freedom and liberty! Yes, this one comes under the category of insane dreams!
“I believe in everything until it's disproved. So I believe in fairies, the myths, dragons. It all exists, even if it's in your mind. Who's to say that dreams and nightmares aren't as real as the here and now?”
― John Lennon
2. I want to travel the whole world. I want to see, feel, experience and live all kind of cultures in the world. Believe me, different cultures is one thing that fascinates me so much! I feel like living them all... yes, all...
3. I have a list of uncountable things that I want to learn before angels ask me to fly. Some of them being sketching, painting, swimming, playing guitar, learning bharatanatyam and the list goes on and on guys
4. I want to read... Read a lot... Read all the good stuff that's available in all the libraries of the world.
5. I want to write. Write more, write better and write frequently
6. I always dream myself to be a very satisfied person while stepping into my grave! I should be able to look back at my life and smile and then, declare "Yes! I made it! I am taking bundles of happiness and ample of memories!"
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
― H. Jackson Brown Jr.
7. I want to have a home filled with 100's of children. Children of all ages: shouting, screaming, smiling, laughing, jumping, spoiling everything around.
8. I want to just and just keep people around me happy. I love it when they smile... I love it when they are happy
9. I want to fill my life with good people
10. I always dream of becoming one of those stars high in the sky one day, a star closest to the moon. And then, me and moon would observe the whole world from there and would, then gossip about every damn thing!
These are just a part of things that I dream of, that I generally visualize myself doing! There are many many others... But most of them are the ones that would fail to get categorized under the sane genre as per many people's dictionary. They would call them insane! And so, guess its better for me to keep them hidden somewhere within me!
My life is truly a pocketful of dreams! I am nothing without them..
O dreams, dear dreams...
Don't ever leave me...
For what am I without you?
What is the meaning of my being?
You are the ones that make me...
You are the ones that create me...
You are the ones that define me...
For, you are the ones that would destroy me!
Without you, I am like:
a kite without thread,
and a bird without wings...
a river without water,
and a cloud without rain...
a rainbow without colors,
and a temple without God...
But with you residing in my eyes,
I am like a stone with soul...